The multitude of ministries at St. Pius X Parish provides a structure through which people of all ages and abilities can channel their energy and direct their efforts for the benefit of our parish, diocese and community.
As we reach out to help others, we ourselves become enriched. Please review the ways to become involved with ministry efforts, either as a volunteer or as a participant. We offer three broad headings to choose from:
- Pray — focuses on prayer activities.
- Study — ways to deepen our knowledge and commitment to our faith.
- Serve — help and support of our parish family.
- If you are interested in being a volunteer for our parish and it will involve working with children/minors or working in proximity of children/minors… examples- coach or assistant coach, teach PSR or CLOW, scout leader, participation in a service project, etc. Then you will need to be in compliance with Diocesan policies for Safe Environments for Children called VIRTUS. Please note, if you wish to volunteer for a school activity, click here for contact information and instructions. Otherwise, please feel free to communicate with the contact person listed to request information or to become involved.
NOTE: If you are NOT VIRTUS trained and need to be, continue with the steps below. If you ARE VIRTUS trained, skip steps 2 – 8 below and communicate with the contact person listed to request information or to become involved.
- Register for a VIRTUS user name and training, Click here for “How Do I Start?” (Covdio.org, “offices” dropdown, click on “safe environment”, click on “how do I start”) Then see “Registering for Virtus”
- This form must be completed and returned to the parish office for processing.
- A personal background check must be implemented, Click here.
- Attend a registered Virtus training session and await approval.
- Once approval is received, read the monthly bulletins to remain active.
- For additional information, go to Covdio.org, click on “offices”, click on “safe environment”.