Welcome (CRHP 2.0)
We encourage the adult men and women of St. Pius X who are seeking to grow more deeply in their relationship with Christ to consider this special weekend of spiritual renewal. Come to enjoy fellowship, explore scripture and how it relates to our lives, and to forge lasting and meaningful relationships. With renewed grace, we hope to impact our families and communities in a meaningful way. This is how - Welcome (CRHP 2.0).
This is a two-day program unlike any you have previously attended. Parishioners share with one another the ways they have found meaning, hope, peace and love in their lives. The experience is personal, inspirational, and fulfilling. Many participants feel that this experience is among the most powerful and positive of their lives.
This is a wonderful way to establish a stronger bond with God and your fellow parishioners. The atmosphere is casual and you will begin friendships that can last a lifetime. Many of your fellow parishioners, who have previously attended, will be happy to share their experience.
The Welcome Weekend is a break from our busy schedule of personal, business and family obligations so that we can refresh ourselves spiritually.
The weekend renewal is open to all parishioners who are at least 18 years of age. You begin your weekend at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday and is concluded by 3 p.m. on Sunday.
The weekend is a free gift from the parish. As Christ was a servant to his apostles, you too, will be a recipient of service and love from those who have gone before you.
Your hosts are parishioners who attended the renewal weekend prior to yours. You will be invited to join other men/women to prepare and present the next renewal weekend. This is not a requirement, and you will have time to discern if the weekend experience was powerful enough for you to want to continue on. Those who accept this invitation will be guided in the team formation process and are ultimately able to experience the joy of giving the weekend to the next group of parishioners.
Each weekend is unique and as special as the parishioners attending.
Consider joining us for a weekend!
What is a Welcome Weekend?
- It is a time to relax, pray, and think about our priorities.
- It is a time to get to know others in the parish and grow as a community.
- It is an opportunity to examine, rediscover, and intensify your personal relationship with Christ.
- It is a weekend of reflection and sharing of spiritual and real life issues.
When and where are the Welcome Weekends?
There is a retreat offered each year for the women and men of St. Pius X.
- Next Women’s Weekend: February 22nd & 23rd, 2020
- Next Men’s Weekend: March 7th & 8th, 2020
Interested in attending? Download and complete the Welcome (CRHP 2.0) Registration Form
The weekend is held at St. Pius X and starts on Saturday morning and continues through to Sunday afternoon. Sleeping accommodations are provided for all participants.
What happens during the weekend?
- The format involves short talks given by the Welcome team. These talks reflect themes of the Welcome program, such as Renewal, Spirituality, and Christian Awareness. As part of a small group, you will reflect upon the talks and how they may be relevant to your life and your spiritual growth.
- There is time set aside for quiet reflection and you will also have the opportunity to receive the sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- While spending time with your fellow parishioners you will have the chance to get to know one another and are sure to share some laughs too!
Welcome is a copyrighted parish renewal process that has existed since 1969 and is recommended by the renewal office of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It has been used as the primary instrument of personal and parish renewal in over 1,000 parishes in 32 states and 84 Catholic dioceses Over the last 40 years, thousands of women and men have done exactly that by participating in a Welcome renewal weekend. Most parishioners experience a renewed realization of God's grace working in their lives and the Spirit then empowers them to strive to achieve God’s will in all facets of their lives.
We hope Welcome continues to be an instrument of celebration for our Catholic faith, prayer, liturgy, fellowship and renewal.